The OIT supported classroom computers are deployed to provide an additional level of functionality in the learning environment. They contain a robust, reliable and secure software image.
OIT Classroom Computer Software Image for Spring 2018
Microsoft Office 2016
PDF Document Reader
Student Response Clickers
1required hardware is not available in all rooms
2required hardware is not available in all rooms, SMART podium tablets are no longer manufactured
What if I need an application that's not on the list?
Your Departmental IT Support Staff can install an application on a Georgia Institute of Technology supplied laptop for you. This way, the application can be customized to your specific needs and requirements. Software can be downloaded from http://software.oit.gatech.edu.
OIT Audio Visual Services will be happy to show you how to connect the laptop to the systems in the classrooms.
If the application will be used by multiple users from multiple disciplines, then submit a support request regarding the application. The application must pass a licensing review; and, especially if it is internet-enabled, a security review. Upon passing those reviews, it will be regression-tested against the existing software in the classrooms. After passing all tests, it will added to the classroom computers. This approval process involves coordinating evaluations from up to 3 different groups, and can take up to 10 working days.
What if I need training?
- For OIT Audio Visual Services training call 404-894-4669 or on the web at http://www.oit.gatech.edu/services/technology-enhanced-spaces/audiovisual-training-supported-technology-enhanced-rooms
- For specific application training, OHR Training has several courses available at http://trains.gatech.edu/content/computertraining
- For additional application training, video instruction is available with Lynda.com at http://lynda.gatech.edu/
- For TurningPoint training, contact OIT: http://www.oit.gatech.edu/services/teaching-and-learning/turningpoint-classroom-responsemobile-polling-solution-clickers
- For T-Square training, contact CETL: http://ctl.gatech.edu/resources/t-square
- For Canvas at Georgia Tech, visit: http://canvas.gatech.edu/